How do I add a MySQL database?
- 23/06/2008 11:20 PM
- 2519 views
1) Log into cpanel.
2) Click on the "MySQL" icon.
3) Type in the "database" name next to "New Database". Click the "Create Database" button.
Now you need to add a user to this database.
1) Scroll down to "Add New User".
2) Input the desired username and password (verify password). Click the "Create User" button.
Now you need to add the new user to your database.
1) Scroll down to "Add User To Database".
2) In the first drop down box select the user. In the second drop down box select the database. Click the "Add" button.
You've succesfully created a new database and added a user to it.
*note* when most programs ask for the database location you will need to type in "localhost" without the quotations.